Homeowners insurance tips
Buying a home can be a massive purchase, maybe even the biggest financial investment of your life. To protect that investment, you’ll need homeowners insurance. These policies will keep your house covered, which means you stay covered.
Here at Marble, the first digital wallet for insurance, we’re committed to putting you in control of your insurance. And to us, that means bringing transparency to a very confusing topic. We always play it straight when it comes to understanding policy details, baffling lingo, and of course, how to save money.
So check out the following articles to learn more about all things homeowners insurance. And don’t forget that you can earn rewards on your insurance policies when you create your free Marble account today!
Homeowners Insurance Coverage
When it comes to picking your homeowners insurance policy, you’ll want to weigh your needs against what a company offers. That may sound straightforward, but have a read through the articles below to make sure you get all the ins and outs.
- Why do I need homeowners insurance, and what does it cover?
- What are common exceptions that homeowners insurance doesn’t cover?
- What does personal property insurance cover?
- Common homeowners insurance terms
Saving Money on Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners insurance can be costly. Here are some recommendations to help you find a policy that fits your budget:
- 7 insurance mistakes that could cost you money
- Will I save money if I raise my insurance deductible?
- What is an insurance score?
- How to stop overpaying for homeowners insurance
- Does bundling insurance save money?
- Personal property insurance vs. home & renters insurance
- Will installing smart devices save money on your insurance?
Important Policy Features & Add-Ons
What features and add-ons should you consider when selecting a homeowners insurance policy? We go through standard additions to any homeowners policy.
- How to shop for title insurance
- What does a title insurance policy look like?
- How to protect yourself against home title theft
- Looking for your title insurance? Here’s where to find it
- What is catastrophe insurance?
- What is flood insurance? What does flood insurance cover?
- What's an insurance rider, and when do I need one?
- What to know about insuring your art, jewelry, and other valuables
- Why you need a separate jewelry policy even if you have homeowners insurance
Home Insurance FAQs
Got a question about homeowners insurance? We’ve got the answers!
- Do I need to update my homeowners insurance if I renovate?
- Do HOAs cover home insurance?
- What do mortgage escrow accounts have to do with homeowners insurance?
- Insurance for home-based businesses
- Will inflation impact my insurance rates?
Landlord Insurance FAQs
Do you rent out a home or apartment that you own? In that case, you'll need Landlord Insurance! Here's what you need to know:
- What does landlord insurance cover? Do I need a policy?
- Calculating landlord insurance cost: Factors to consider
- How much renters insurance can a landlord require?