Frequently asked questions
December 9, 2020
What is Marble?
- Marble is the first rewards program for your home, car, and other personal insurance products. More than that, it’s also your universal insurance account - a delightful way to organize all of your insurance digitally. Add your current insurance details to your Marble digital wallet and you’ll start earning rewards immediately, and keep earning them as you engage with our community and your insurance.
Is Marble an insurance company?
- We are not and we do not sell our own insurance or underwrite any risk. We are a loyalty platform and digital wallet that may, at our members’ request and on their terms, connect them with insurance companies. Our mission is to rebuild the relationship between you and your insurer and put you in control. We do this by establishing a membership-based ecosystem that puts customers at the center.
How does Marble make money?
- You’ve seen the TV commercials, heard the radio and podcast ads, and seen the thousands of ads online for insurance companies, right? It’s a safe bet, given the billions of dollars that insurance companies spend on marketing every year (actual billions).
- Marble moves some of the money that would have been spent in that wasteful insurance marketing ecosystem and redirects it back to our members. We’re paid by insurance companies and other businesses because we have a new, customer-first solution to long-standing industry problems. We then pass some of that captured value directly back to our members.
Who powers Marble?
- We are a team of technology and insurance experts who are excited to radically improve the way you deal with your insurance. We’ve built, managed, and scaled some exciting ventures over the last few years, particularly in financial services and insurance, but none of them had the same potential as Marble.
What security protocols are taken to ensure my account is safe?
We take security very seriously. Some of our current commitments include:
- SSL encryption - Our website and app are both secured with 256-bit encryption.
- Account safeguards - Your account is safeguarded with two-factor authentication, automatic logouts, and ID verification for password lockouts.
- Bank-level security - We ensure 24/7 server defense and privacy that is verified by physical security.
- Privacy and control - Your information is never shared with third parties without your clear consent.
- Compliance - We work closely with regulatory entities to ensure that Marble operates in compliance with all existing laws governing insurers and their customers.
Do you have an app for iOS or Android?
- Not yet! Today we’re focused on delivering a great web experience, but we have iOS and Android applications on our roadmap.
FAQs on Marble Rewards
What are these Marbles I can earn for organizing my insurance policies?
- Marble is the first and only platform that allows you to earn rewards on your insurance, which you can redeem in a variety of ways, including towards premium payments, gift cards, and more.
- They're super easy to earn: for example, you’ll get Marbles for adding one policy per auto, home/renters, and pet insurance. Additionally, you can earn Marbles for each friend you invite that joins and adds an existing insurance policy to their wallet.
- We’re working on adding functionality to support other insurance types and other actions that you take in your Marble account. We’ll always keep you posted on all the new ways to earn Marbles.
What are the other rewards options I can choose from?
- We’re currently offering redemptions in the form of gift cards for: Amazon, Starbucks, Target, and Uber. We’re working hard to bring you more redemption choices, so we encourage you to check back for more options!
- If you have any specific requests, we’d love to hear from you. Send us a note at email@example.com.
How do I see how many Marbles I have?
- The number of Marbles you have will show up on your account home screen, as well as under the “Balance” page.
I just completed an action to get more Marbles. How do I make sure I got credit for it?
- You can check all of your Marble-earning actions under “Your Activity” on your Balance page. If you think you’re missing an action, please email us more information at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get everything sorted out.
How can I redeem my Marbles?
- To redeem your Marbles, navigate to the Balance page and click “Redeem.” We’ll give you a one-time use digital card to put toward your insurance bill. Please note that you need to be a Marble member for 60 days before redeeming your Marbles.
Why do I have to wait 60 days to redeem my Marbles?
- The 60 day period allows us time to verify all required details and eligibility for your Marbles, while also confirming that there haven’t been cancellations or substantial policy adjustments.
- This process is designed similarly to the way credit card companies distribute points or miles on the subsequent billing cycle, or how a program like Honey holds points up to 90 days.
- As we grow, one of our goals is to verify these details even more quickly and bring that time window right down!
FAQs on Insurance
How do I link my insurance policies?
There are 2 ways to link your insurance policies to your digital wallet:
- The best method is to link your account by signing into your insurance carrier’s site via the Marble interface. This secure process has the added benefit of keeping the most updated account information in your Marble digital wallet.
- If you’re having trouble linking via your insurance carrier’s site, if you don’t see your carrier, or if you just would rather not go that route, you can always upload your declaration (DEC) page, which provides all your policy details. Here are examples of what a DEC looks like.
If I don’t see my insurance company listed, can I still become a Marble member?
- Don’t see your insurance carrier? No problem — we can still link your policy for you! Just select "Other Carrier" during the policy sync process and upload a copy of your declarations page. We'll process it like any other carrier and get it added to your wallet ASAP.
How will I know when my policy is linked?
- You’ll receive an email confirming that your policy has been successfully linked. The next time you log in, you’ll see it in your Marble Wallet, where you’ll be able to easily track all of your insurance policy details, like upcoming renewals, and easily search your coverage information.
I couldn’t get my policy to sync. What should I do?
- There could be several issues we run into when trying to retrieve your information from your carrier. Either the credentials were incorrect, the carrier’s server was having issues, or your two-factor authentication was turned on and interrupted the syncing process.
- The good news: we can work around this. Please reach out to us with your DEC Document handy and we’ll sync your account that way.
What is an insurance Declarations (DEC) Page?
- An Insurance Declaration page, often referred to as a DEC, is a document that forms part of your insurance policy and is issued for a new insurance policy and for each renewal term. Check out these DEC examples from the Office of Public Insurance Counsel.
How can I find out more information about an insurance company?
- We created a nifty tool called Insurance Insider to bring a little more transparency to the murky insurance industry. Insurance Insider tells you how your current carrier stacks up against others, and is also helpful if you’re shopping around for a new policy. Log in to your Marble account and navigate to Insurance Insider to check it out. We're updating it constantly with new data and insights!
It would be so cool if Marble could also…
- Hold that thought! Is there a feature that you think would make Marble even better? Do you have an idea that would make Marble even more delightful to use? Email us at email@example.com. Or, if you're a Marble member, you can give us feedback by clicking on your avatar/initials on the top right of the navigation bar and scrolling to “Give us feedback."
I love being a Marble member! Do you have a referral program?
- We do! And we’re so appreciative of you spreading the Marble love! You can find your unique link on your "Balance" page when you're logged into your account. Once you refer a friend with your unique link and they add their first policy, you’ll earn Marbles — and they’ll get organized. It’s a win-win!
What are you listening to these days?
- Thanks for asking. It’s been a busy few months — and for a whole lot of reasons, a stressful few months — so while we’ve been WoMfH (working on Marble from home), you could probably find us listening to some tunes. Here are some highlights.